Ha! I have been shopping! At the weekend I went to a new shop in town which my husband had spotted last time he was shopping there. He told me a 'needed' to visit it, as it had some nice crafty things in it. Ever the obedient wife, I dutifully called in.
I came out with some Inkadinkado cat stamps that I've been lusting after ever since someone posted a link to them on UK Scrappers. They were a great price, too.
You can see above what I've done with the very first stamp I used. I had on my desk a fab kit from Sarah's Cards, so I rummaged through this for supplies.
In case you're interested, here's how I made this:
1) Cut one rectangle of pink, and a larger one of the patterned paper.
2) Run the patterned piece through the Fiskars Threading Water punch.
3) Adhere the pink strip to the right hand side of the folded card base. Add the patterned piece on the left hand side, making sure you overlap the two papers to hid the joins!
4) Stamp the cat in black on white card, and emboss with clear embossing powder. Colour in the flowers with pink, and then cut out the cat, leaving a white border.
5) Stick green ribbon near foot of card.
6) Mount cat using 3D style sticky fixers, overlapping the ribbon.
7) Create Happy Birthday sentiment in cerise using Word and Word Art to curve the text. Cut out and mount with 3D sticky fixers. Add two small flowers at each end of the banner and place gem in flower centres.
8) Add larger bloom as shown, adding a gem for the centre.
9) A girl can never have too many gems - so I added one to the cat's nose as a final touch!