5 June 2012

Here's one I made earlier ....

If you've read any of my earlier posts, you'll know I have been experiencing a little connectivity difficulty (ie no internet connection) which has somewhat impacted on my ability to keep my blog up to date.

It was a great relief to get back on line, and I can now share another layout I made a few weeks back - back couldn't post up for you.

So, here is one of our furries, Willow, all wrapped up in a fleecy pet throw (don't think she's quite sure whether to relax or be afronted that Mr Mole has packaged her up like this!).

The papers came from my scraps stash, dittor the ribbons. I hand drew the heart and inked the edges. Obe flower is from a 'proper' pack of blooms. the daisy style one is cut from patterned paper and has an acrylic circle stuck in the middle for depth and shine.

The blings and card flags come from PaperArts (as do, I suspect, the majority, if not all of the papers, alphas and cardstock).

You can see from the close-up that I've used staples to affix my ribbons, and double-side pads to give the heart dimension. Another acrylic sticky circle gives the flower centre a focus.

And here, you can see a little of what I did with the paper strips - some are rolled into tubes and stuck down, while I simply zig-zagged another strip and stuck either end down. Again, this all helps add a 3D feel to the page.

Hope you like the results .....

1 June 2012

Missing what you haven't got

It's true that sometimes we don't appreciate what we've got until we haven't got it any more. For the last few weeks my home internet service has been ropey at best, and mostly non-existent. And yes, I missed having it there. Apart from not being able to look things up for Mr Mole's work, checking emails and of course, visiting UK Scrappers, it meant I couldn't update my blog either.

I'm hoping to put that right now that the problem has, fingers crossed, been fixed.

So, some crafty-type pix!

This is our handsome black cat, Oscar, snapped on the steps of our patio. I was quite brave in cropping the photo which is one of my favourites of him. and a little different from his usual photo pose.

The papers and card stock come from a bargain pack from Sue at PaperArts. The oddments of ribbons, lace, jewels, flowers etc came from my existing stash. The more solid embellishments are bits of earrings which I have either only one of, or don't wear any more. The wooden bird (top right) and the punch which shaped the title tag again, came from PaperArts.

You can see (above) more of the wooden bird detail, and where I've added some bling.

I inked the edges of the label cut-out and used some sparkly letters for the title. I've used sticky fixers to raise the title up a little.The lace (donated by my mum!) is sewn into a flower and although you can't see it properly, has a button in the centre, complete with a strand of embroidery floss. There's also a paper flower created with a Marianne Createables die, purchased from, yes, you've guessed, PaperArts.

You can see a bit more detail om the last two photos - they show the flower, raffia (from a gift we received .. the packaging was almost as exciting to my inner crafter as the contents!) and the two earrings.

Hope you enjoyed taking a closer look.