Now I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I've been 'selected' by Anna (begins again) for a Ms Brightside Award. Apparently, this means I have to share with you 10 things that make me happy, and divulge five pieces of trivia about myself.
So, here goes.
Things that make me happy ....
1) Stroking our cats and hearing them purr. All four of them!
2) Being able to book on a scrapbooking class at my favourite bricks-and-mortar shop, PaperArts. I can't always make the class dates on offer, and I don't get much time to scrapbook, so any chance to have a day's play at a workshop is like manna from heaven!
3) Taking the dogs out in the woods when no one else is around. It's like having a huge extra back garden all just for us.
4) Knowing that my mum is enjoying her new flat in Wales.
5) Waking up on a Saturday morning, looking at the clock, and knowing I don't have to get up for work and can sleep in as long as I like. Bliss. ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
6) Seeing lambs leaping around in the fields, their little tails quivering. Yes, I know it's a cliche but it is nonetheless a sight that never fails to make me smile and feel good inside. And yes, I do sometimes shout 'mint sauce' at them, but that doesn't make me a bad person. Does it?
7) Settling down on Friday night with a good curry, a TV whodunnit and a bottle of red wine. Shared, of course, with Mr Mole!
8) Spending time with my girlie friends from my old pre-marriage stamping ground. We don't often get to meet up, but when we do, it's as if we've never been apart. They are brill friends and I'm so lucky to have them.
9) Finding some great bargains in the supermarket at the end of the day. Daft, but it makes me feel good!
10) Singing in the choir which I belong to in Stroud. I'm no great shakes, and am quite happy lurking in the back row of the second altos, but although it's hard work, it's always fun, my fellow singers are lovely and I (usually!!!) feel like I've achieved something at the end of rehearsal or performance.
And now for five bits of trivia about me .....
I once interviewed Sir Cliff Richard and asked him where he bought his underpants!
I hate celery, sprouts, trifle, dates, olives and coffee-flavoured chocolates.
I have never cooked an omelette.
I used to think an Alsatian was an Alastain ....
My first Saturday job was working in a library.
So that's it, duty done. Hope you found my meanderings mildly interesting / amusing. I'll leave you with some info about today's photo. I took two of the dogs out for a stretch on Sunday and as I often do, took the camera with me, The photo is just one of a load I took of things that said 'spring' to me.