22 March 2011

Happy wedding anniversary!


Here's a card I made earlier this week for a 50th wedding anniversary. It's hard to see from the photos, but there's lots of texture here - in the hammered cardstock base, the lace strip and ruffle, the layered torn paper and the glittery bow. There's some embossed card, too, made with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, but used in my Sizzix Big Shot (I haven't got a bug).

The greeting is raised on foam pads, and the edges are inked for definition. It was supposed to be a red Tim Holz distress ink that I used, but there must have been some residue from another colour on the pad I used, and it came out coffee coloured. Fortunately, it went quite well, so I didn't worry too much.

I made the rose from some scrap 12x12 double sided paper I had in my odds-and-sods box. I scrunched the paper, sprayed it with glimmer mists and inked it, as well as distressing the edges ... I went the whole hog LOL! Oh, and I used one of the fab Woodware flower punches to make the petals. I am addicted to this flower-making mullarky!

There are some small stick-on gems, too, for a bit of bling. After all, why not!

Hope you like the result.

4 comments:

  1. Love the lace and the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it! and the coffee/rose gives it a lovely vintage feel ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Card, I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete